Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Money debited for Apple services on iPhone, how can i get it back?

Because of my phonepe auto mandate amount got debited towards apple serives , how can i get it back

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 11:24 AM

Do we need to raise the ticket? Or it will get refunded automatically?

facing same issue. Phonepe auto mandate deducted the amount. Purchase history is showing none transactions. Unable to ask for refund on Apple support

93 replies

Feb 11, 2023 8:56 AM in response to Rigo_O86

I cancelled renewing the pro membership of cam-scanner app during it's trail period, as the auto-pay option was enabled . Money was auto-paid to apple services after cancelling free trail of camscanner app pro version.

Request for a refund in this case. My Money is residing with apple services , not with camscanner app

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Nov 26, 2023 11:59 AM in response to venkat4028

Hi All, the problem on this thread is no one answering others questions after theirs is solved.

First of all, you will get your money back automatically in your bank between 1-2 weeks. Mine came back in 6 days.

Secondly, if you setup UPI mandate for deduction it’s similar to auto-debit feature irrespective of your cancellation it will debit and send money to Apple account for which they won’t have transaction details ( with their user support or staff to unable solve your problem ) and once transaction fails as it was not sanctioned by Apple your money should returned back to your account. It should take between maximum 1-2 weeks.

Lastly, when you make use of free trials for app, make sure you setup a mandate and once trial is activated, cancel it within next few minutes so you don’t forget to do it later and same issue you don’t have to face it again. Also money will refund irrespective of cancellation or not of your UPI Mandate.

May 25, 2023 2:02 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

In india, we have direct payment system (bank to bank) which is called unified payment interface system (Upi), which also provides auto pay e-mandate. So once it’s setup though the subscription is canceled it will continue to deduct payment from your bank account. You are required to cancel the e-mandate manually after cancelling the subscription from the merchant app. The deducted amount automatically gets refunded back within 7 days.

Its better to cancel the e-mandate from the payment app before the due date, so you won’t be charged anything and the subscriptions gets automatically cancelled on the due date.

Feb 4, 2024 2:05 AM in response to abhi1shetty

Update- My issue got resolved. I reached out to Apple Support over I messages and then they forwarded it customer support. They mentioned that amount debited bcoz of UPI mandates usually gets refunded by UPI services automatically within 5 days. They requested me to check bank statement and i was able to find an entry of UPI refund in my bank statement exactly 5days after UPI mandate debit.

Jan 25, 2023 9:16 AM in response to venkat4028

Hi venkat4028,

We understand you're requesting a refund. You came from an article regarding email, but if you need help with a refund we have that posted below.

Check out the steps here to report a problem:

How to request a refund
1. Sign in to reportaproblem.apple.com.
2. Tap or click "I'd like to," then choose "Request a refund." 
iPhone showing the Report a Problem website where you can request a refund. After you choose Request a refund, choose the reason why you're asking for the refund.

3. Choose the reason why you want a refund, then choose Next.
4. Choose the app, subscription, or other item, then choose Submit. If you were charged for a subscription that you no longer want, you can also cancel the subscription.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Money debited for Apple services on iPhone, how can i get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.