Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my family subscription not working?

I created a family plan and shared my Apple Music with my members.

being the organizer, only my Apple Music seems to working. Every other person's own isn’t.

What can I do about it?

Helppppp

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 7:38 AM

G'day shalom192,

Can you fill us in on exactly what's happening when you say it's not working? Knowing the details will help work out what steps might be beneficial. If you already checked out the above, this link might be your next best bet If you can't find your family's shared content:

"Check your Family Sharing settings

Make sure that you're using the same Apple ID for Family Sharing and Media & Purchases. And make sure that purchase sharing is turned on. Then ask your family members to check their settings too.

On your iPhone or iPad with iOS 16 or later

1. Go to Settings > Family.
  2. Tap your name. 
  3. Make a note of which Apple ID is listed.
  4. Tap Purchases. 
  5. Tap Apple ID for Purchases and make sure that you're signed in with with the same Apple ID that you use for Family Sharing. If not, tap Share using secondary Apple ID and enter the Apple ID and password for that Apple ID."

If this doesn't help, we recommend using the following link to reach Apple directly to look into it further: Apple Support

Best wishes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 7:38 AM in response to shalom192

G'day shalom192,

Can you fill us in on exactly what's happening when you say it's not working? Knowing the details will help work out what steps might be beneficial. If you already checked out the above, this link might be your next best bet If you can't find your family's shared content:

"Check your Family Sharing settings

Make sure that you're using the same Apple ID for Family Sharing and Media & Purchases. And make sure that purchase sharing is turned on. Then ask your family members to check their settings too.

On your iPhone or iPad with iOS 16 or later

1. Go to Settings > Family.
  2. Tap your name. 
  3. Make a note of which Apple ID is listed.
  4. Tap Purchases. 
  5. Tap Apple ID for Purchases and make sure that you're signed in with with the same Apple ID that you use for Family Sharing. If not, tap Share using secondary Apple ID and enter the Apple ID and password for that Apple ID."

If this doesn't help, we recommend using the following link to reach Apple directly to look into it further: Apple Support

Best wishes.

Jan 25, 2023 11:04 AM in response to shalom192

Hello shalom192,

Let's ensure the setting for sharing your Apple Music subscription is enabled on your device. If you're using an iPhone, you can find those steps in Share Apple and App Store subscriptions with family members on iPhone.

"Share Apple subscriptions

1. Go to Settings  > [your name] > Family Sharing.
  2. Tap Subscriptions, then do one of the following:
    • Tap a subscription you want to share, then follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Tap Manage Subscriptions, then tap a subscription."

If Apple Music isn't listed under the "Shared" section, tap the subscription, then follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Why is my family subscription not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.