Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

family subscription not working

I recently got this subcription and I tried to share apple music with my family and it seems that it doesn't work? I tried everything like signing in and out, remove and adding again. I allowed alot of access to my subcription but it didn't work.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 9:31 AM

Here's a list of standard things to try when a feature is not working:

Make sure the software is up to date on all devices involved.

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Sometimes it helps to have the devices involved take a fresh look at settings:

● If this is a service, try disabling it and turning it back on.

● Try signing out of accounts and back in again.

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you have more than one Apple ID, don't forget you may be signed into other accounts too for special services such as iMessage and Media & Purchases.

● Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support then choose your model.

iPad: Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Mac: Ways to start up your Mac - Apple Support

Try using other equipment if possible. I have seen several cases where somebody tried to do something on one item of equipment and failed, but then tried on a different item of equipment and succeeded.

Sometimes it can take some time for changes to propagate through the system and waiting may help ( e.g., Family Sharing of Apple News+ - Apple Community ). If a problem persists, particularly over several days, try contacting Apple for assistance:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 9:31 AM in response to DDeck3

Here's a list of standard things to try when a feature is not working:

Make sure the software is up to date on all devices involved.

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Sometimes it helps to have the devices involved take a fresh look at settings:

● If this is a service, try disabling it and turning it back on.

● Try signing out of accounts and back in again.

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you have more than one Apple ID, don't forget you may be signed into other accounts too for special services such as iMessage and Media & Purchases.

● Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support then choose your model.

iPad: Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Mac: Ways to start up your Mac - Apple Support

Try using other equipment if possible. I have seen several cases where somebody tried to do something on one item of equipment and failed, but then tried on a different item of equipment and succeeded.

Sometimes it can take some time for changes to propagate through the system and waiting may help ( e.g., Family Sharing of Apple News+ - Apple Community ). If a problem persists, particularly over several days, try contacting Apple for assistance:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

family subscription not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.