Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error code 122 on iPhone app

Hi,

I have an app for my superannuation that worked perfectly until a few months ago when it comes up with ‘Error 122, you have violated the minimum security requirements’ and I am unable to use it.

after contacting my super provider they have informed me that it’s an apple error regarding passwords and they cannot help me.

I’ve gone through all the settings and can’t find where I would fix this, and nothing had changed to make it this way.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times

any tips? Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 12:48 PM

Hello Meekospot,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with an error using your Superannuation app. We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

"If an app on your iPhone or iPad doesn't work as expected, try this.

Close and reopen the app

Force the app to close. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

Restart your device

Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

Check for updates

1. To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your iPhone or iPad.

Get more help

If the developer referred you back to Apple, you can reach out to them directly for support by contacting them here: Get Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 12:48 PM in response to Meekospot

Hello Meekospot,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with an error using your Superannuation app. We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

"If an app on your iPhone or iPad doesn't work as expected, try this.

Close and reopen the app

Force the app to close. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

Restart your device

Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

Check for updates

1. To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your iPhone or iPad.

Get more help

If the developer referred you back to Apple, you can reach out to them directly for support by contacting them here: Get Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jan 25, 2023 12:51 PM in response to Meekospot

Here are some possible reasons:

• You don’t have a 6 digit or longer passcode that locks your phone
  • You have Auto-lock set to Never
  • You don’t have a strong password for your Apple ID
  • You don’t have 2 factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID
  • You are using a VPN connection

I’m sure if you visit their website it will tell you what their minimum security requirements are.

Error code 122 on iPhone app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.