Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro Gen 1 wont connect

Hi I have been trying to set up my old AirPods Pro on a friends phone (I am gifting them) and they refuse to connect or reset.when I open the AirPods near the phone (mine or theirs) I get "Not your AirPods Pro. Not connected to this phone".

Holding the button on back of the case has no effect at all.

any ideas?

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 7:47 PM

TGE2023 Said:

"Yea been through all those. No result. Problem is the button on the back is not doing anything."

-------

Are the AirPods inserted into the case?

If so, that need to be of the same Serial Number.

6 replies

Jan 23, 2023 6:36 PM in response to TGE2023

TGE2023 Said:

"AirPods Pro Gen 1 wont connect: [...]when I open the AirPods near the phone (mine or theirs) I get 'Not your AirPods Pro. Not connected to this phone'. Holding the button on back of the case has no effect at all."

-------

Unpair These from your Friend's Device(s):

You need to get these unpaired from your friends' device(s). Then, pair it with your iPhone.  Go Here: Unpair, restart, or Reset your AirPods - Apple Support

Jan 23, 2023 7:26 PM in response to TGE2023

TGE2023 Said:

"AirPods Pro Gen 1 wont connect: Hi thanks. these AirPods aren’t connected to any phone at all now. They’ve never been connected to friends phone. That’s what we are trying to achieve!"

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

Look on your friend's device (with their permission, of course, just to verify this). Refer to the following...

Troubleshooting AirPods Connectivity:

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

AirPods Pro Gen 1 wont connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.