Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do i have an air tag around me

how to tell if i have an air tag or a something tracking my phone

iPhone 13 mini, 16

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 1:32 AM

Also check this part about unwanted tracking:

If any AirTag, AirPods, or other Find My network accessory separated from its owner is seen moving with you over time, you'll be notified in one of two ways. These features were created specifically to discourage people from trying to track you without your knowledge.

1. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Find My will send a notification to your Apple device. This feature is available on iOS or iPadOS 14.5 or later. To receive alerts, make sure that you:
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and turn Location Services on.
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. Turn Find My iPhone on.
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. Turn Significant Locations on to be notified when you arrive at a significant location, such as your home. 
    • Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn Bluetooth on. 
    • Go to the Find My app, tap the Me tab, and turn Tracking Notifications on.
    • Turn off airplane mode. If your device is in airplane mode, you won't receive tracking notifications.

2 . An AirTag, AirPods Pro (2nd generation) charging case, or Find My network accessory that isn't with its owner for a period of time will emit a sound when it's moved.

If you detect an unknown AirTag, Find My network accessory, or AirPods, use the steps below to learn about it, find it, and disable it. If you're using an Android device, you can download the Tracker Detect app to find an AirTag or Find My network accessory that's separated from its owner and might be traveling with you.

copied from: What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 1:32 AM in response to robi160

Also check this part about unwanted tracking:

If any AirTag, AirPods, or other Find My network accessory separated from its owner is seen moving with you over time, you'll be notified in one of two ways. These features were created specifically to discourage people from trying to track you without your knowledge.

1. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Find My will send a notification to your Apple device. This feature is available on iOS or iPadOS 14.5 or later. To receive alerts, make sure that you:
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and turn Location Services on.
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. Turn Find My iPhone on.
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. Turn Significant Locations on to be notified when you arrive at a significant location, such as your home. 
    • Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn Bluetooth on. 
    • Go to the Find My app, tap the Me tab, and turn Tracking Notifications on.
    • Turn off airplane mode. If your device is in airplane mode, you won't receive tracking notifications.

2 . An AirTag, AirPods Pro (2nd generation) charging case, or Find My network accessory that isn't with its owner for a period of time will emit a sound when it's moved.

If you detect an unknown AirTag, Find My network accessory, or AirPods, use the steps below to learn about it, find it, and disable it. If you're using an Android device, you can download the Tracker Detect app to find an AirTag or Find My network accessory that's separated from its owner and might be traveling with you.

copied from: What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

Jan 24, 2023 1:09 AM in response to robi160

Highly unlikely unless someone deposited an air tag or any other similar manufacturer's tile on your person.

Nobody can track your phone without your permission or unless you installed a tracker app yourself.

I want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your question. I recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

do i have an air tag around me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.