Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the blue Security Key C NFC by Yubico supported as one of the Security Keys for iCloud login ?

I tried activating the security keys I have in Apple's newly released Security Key features in Ventura 13.2 and iOS 16.3, but on both platforms the wizard for adding the keys fails in the second step where I need to confirm my password once more.

https://www.yubico.com/nl/product/security-key-c-nfc-by-yubico/

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 2:46 PM

Hello guids,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. According to the resource you came from, it does explain which Security Keys will work with this new feature. Just incase you missed it, click here: About Security Keys for Apple ID - Apple Support

The resource states the following:

What's required for Security Keys for Apple ID:
At least two FIDO® Certified* security keys that work with the Apple devices that you use on a regular basis. Security Keys for Apple ID works with any FIDO® Certified security key.

As long as your Security Key is FIDO® certified, you should be good to go. If you're looking for a complete list of verified keys, the resources suggests to visit this link here: Visit the FIDO® Certified Showcase

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 2:46 PM in response to guids

Hello guids,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. According to the resource you came from, it does explain which Security Keys will work with this new feature. Just incase you missed it, click here: About Security Keys for Apple ID - Apple Support

The resource states the following:

What's required for Security Keys for Apple ID:
At least two FIDO® Certified* security keys that work with the Apple devices that you use on a regular basis. Security Keys for Apple ID works with any FIDO® Certified security key.

As long as your Security Key is FIDO® certified, you should be good to go. If you're looking for a complete list of verified keys, the resources suggests to visit this link here: Visit the FIDO® Certified Showcase

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Is the blue Security Key C NFC by Yubico supported as one of the Security Keys for iCloud login ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.