Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trash folder missing from my iCloud email in Apple Mail

For months now, my trash folder has vanished from my Apple Mail on my MacBook. It exists on both my iPhone and iPad.

-I've right-clicked the iCloud inbox in mail, account info, and it doesn't show up there.

-I've gone into preferences, iCloud account, mailbox behaviors, Trash mailbox, but I can't find it there either... so I just leave it on "none"... if I chose "all trash" in the "on my Mac" mailbox, then I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to rummage through it on my previously mentioned devices.

I'm stuck and have no idea what to do... please help! Thanks in advance. :-)

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 8:24 AM

Generally and since this is an Apple Account which uses the IMAP protocol , like my account to with iCloud.

What is reflected from the www.icloud.com >> Mail while have the exact same Folders within the Apple Mail Application.

As this is an IMAP configuration with iCloud, you can safely Remove the Account via the link below

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac

Just reverse the steps from Add to Remove

Below is illustration of my xx.mac.com account mail boxes

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 8:24 AM in response to Baklavamos

Generally and since this is an Apple Account which uses the IMAP protocol , like my account to with iCloud.

What is reflected from the www.icloud.com >> Mail while have the exact same Folders within the Apple Mail Application.

As this is an IMAP configuration with iCloud, you can safely Remove the Account via the link below

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac

Just reverse the steps from Add to Remove

Below is illustration of my xx.mac.com account mail boxes

Jan 24, 2023 8:10 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks for the reply...

When I open up the "add favorite" window, there is no Trash folder (trash can icon) to add to favorites.

I should also mention...

-that this is with my iCloud email. (---@me.com)

-I went onto iCloud.com, pulled up my mail there and the trash can exists there.

I found another thread suggesting to uncheck the "enable this account" in the preferences, restart, then enable the mailbox again, but I still don't have a trash can folder.

What seemed to work for other people is to delete the account from Mail and then add it again, but since this is my iCloud email, I'm not really sure how to go about doing that.

Thanks, Bill

Trash folder missing from my iCloud email in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.