Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Side-by-side versions of the SAME PowerPoint file

How do I open a second version of the SAME PowerPoint file on my Macbook? With Windows, it's simply clicking "View" and then "New Window" allowing me to efficiently copy data from one point in the document to another without needing to constantly scroll up and down.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 3:44 PM

Thank you for posting the PowerPoint link. I posted my question on that forum and found the answer I knew had to exist, but was struggling to find.

The answer is to use the "New Window" command listed with the "Window" menu. I had been searching for that command within the ribbon area of the PowerPoint document window, neglecting the row of menus that appears just above those. Subtle differences that have been giving me headaches as I convert from Windows to Apple. Thanks again!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 3:44 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Thank you for posting the PowerPoint link. I posted my question on that forum and found the answer I knew had to exist, but was struggling to find.

The answer is to use the "New Window" command listed with the "Window" menu. I had been searching for that command within the ribbon area of the PowerPoint document window, neglecting the row of menus that appears just above those. Subtle differences that have been giving me headaches as I convert from Windows to Apple. Thanks again!

Side-by-side versions of the SAME PowerPoint file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.