Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade from Big Sur 11.2.3 to Ventura 13.2

Setting up a new iMac and I'm trying to migrate from a Mac mini that is currently running Ventura 13.2. My new iMac is showing the OS as Big Sur 11.2.3. The migrate assistant will not let me migrate from an OS system that is newer than the OS system I'm trying to migrate to.

My new computer finds no new upgrades or updates when I try to change the OS from Big Sur. I'm not sure the proper process to get the most recent OS.

Any help is appreciated!

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 1:52 AM

JCOGKids wrote:

Setting up a new iMac and I'm trying to migrate from a Mac mini that is currently running Ventura 13.2. My new iMac is showing the OS as Big Sur 11.2.3. The migrate assistant will not let me migrate from an OS system that is newer than the OS system I'm trying to migrate to.

My new computer finds no new upgrades or updates when I try to change the OS from Big Sur. I'm not sure the proper process to get the most recent OS.
Any help is appreciated!

New iMac as in New to the user "

Or New as in newly purchased from a private sale ?

Tip off to me, is Big Sur macOS 11.2.3 ( 20D91 ) was released on Mar 19, 2021

If the computer Qualifies to upgrade all the way to Ventura macOS 13 that the user update to current version of Big Sur version 11.7.3 First.

Attempting to upGrade with a system that is not yet fully up-to-date on the current version is often time problematic

Computers that qualify for newer version of macOS.

links below

Computer Qualifying for macOS 13 Ventura 

Computer Qualify for the Monterey upgrade

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 1:52 AM in response to JCOGKids

JCOGKids wrote:

Any help is appreciated!

New iMac as in New to the user "

Or New as in newly purchased from a private sale ?

Tip off to me, is Big Sur macOS 11.2.3 ( 20D91 ) was released on Mar 19, 2021

If the computer Qualifies to upgrade all the way to Ventura macOS 13 that the user update to current version of Big Sur version 11.7.3 First.

Attempting to upGrade with a system that is not yet fully up-to-date on the current version is often time problematic

Computers that qualify for newer version of macOS.

links below

Computer Qualifying for macOS 13 Ventura 

Computer Qualify for the Monterey upgrade

How to upgrade from Big Sur 11.2.3 to Ventura 13.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.