Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Font book versions 10

When I migrated from my older iMac 2015 running Monterey to my new Mac Studio.

it had MacOS Monterey 12.6.2. The new Mac Font Book was version 10.0 (404). It seems any version after that it will not accept Postscript Type1, I’m so glad I’m able to use my old PS1 fonts, they show up only in Adobe illustrator, not photoshop or Indesign, as long as you outline or create a pdf they will work.

My question how did I end up with Font Book 10.0, with Monterey already installed when I received my new computer, in my migration I did not include Apps.

a friend has the same Mac Studio, but it had Ventura with Font Book version 11 (461), it won’t accept PS1 fonts.

Can you go back to Font Book version 10; after updating to Ventura which will have Font Book 11?

thanks

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 4:27 PM

Font Book is part of the system like Books, Photos, Music and Activity Monitor (to name just a few( are.

3 replies

Jan 25, 2023 9:36 AM in response to Mac_User007

Font Book is part of the system so when the system changes so does Font Boot. And it can't be deleted or replaced.

You could get an external SSD, install Monterey on it and run from it when you need those fonts. Not an elegant solution but…any port in a storm.

You could try restoring Font Book 10 to a location other than the Applications folder and see if it will even launch. If it does rename it, put it in the Applicatiaons folder and use it. I wouldn't hold my breath, however.

Font book versions 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.