Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete a movie

Dammit. I have been trying for a few weeks now to get these people at Apple to help w/1 easy request & all I keep getting is the run-around.

I am using iTunes on Windows 10.

When I open iTunes & go to my Movies Library, I have a movie listed that I want deleted from my account. The movie is NOT downloaded to my computer, it is just listed in my account.

If I click the movie (to see its details) I can then click the 3 dots on the right. I then can select "Delete From Library". But I then get this message:

This does NOT delete the movie from my account!

I don't understand why this is so hard for Apple to understand!

Windows

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 7:12 AM

You can only hide purchases from the purchased list, not delete them. If you had downloaded the movie, you would be able to delete it from your computer (i.e. delete it from your library) but, as it's not in your library and is only in your purchased list, that's not an option.

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 26, 2023 6:52 AM in response to CrYoG

I apologize. Somehow, I forgot to add the feedback link in my last post:

Product Feedback - Apple

CrYoG wrote:

I've used their "Support" links many times, w/varying success; but their "support" is not good at all in my opinion.

If you don't think Apple's support is very good, how would providing an email address to that support change anything?

Jan 25, 2023 2:21 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

For such a giant company, their systems are not very well handled.

I bought the movie in a brick-&-mortar store & redeemed the digital copy through iTunes; so technically, I did NOT make an Apple purchase. Apple should have a way to delete the movie from my account & not just hide it.

And being such a big company, I don't understand why Apple does not have customer service or even tech service email addresses. Especially for non time critical questions & for casual questions.

Jan 25, 2023 2:25 PM in response to CrYoG

CrYoG wrote:

For such a giant company, their systems are not very well handled.

Apple does not read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestion. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

And being such a big company, I don't understand why Apple does not have customer service or even tech service email addresses. Especially for non time critical questions & for casual questions.

You can contact Apple using the "Support" link at the bottom left of every page of these forum. Some people also use Twitter.

Delete a movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.