Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleteing Movie Downloads from your Computer?

Downloaded a movie from my library, had Internet connectivity issues for unrelated reasons, file looks like it downloaded correctly but was going to delete and re-download the movie file in case of possible file corruption.

How do I delete an Itunes movie from my Hard drive so that I can re-download it?

do I delete it from my library to delete it from my hard drive?

I thought of just finding the file on the hard disk and deleting it manually but doesn't that create an issue with broken links? I haven't used Itunes actively for a few years and was just looking to download and watch an old purchase.

Help is appreciated.

Windows

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 9:13 AM

Greetings Wheels17,

Check out the information on this page to learn how to delete past downloaded movies from your PC: Delete songs and other items in iTunes on PC - Apple Support.

Delete movies and TV shows
1. In the iTunes app  on your PC, choose Movies or TV shows from the pop-up menu at the top left, then click Library.
The Library button in the navigation bar.
2. Click the item to select it, then press the Delete key.
3. Click Delete [item].
4. Do one of the following:
• Remove the item only from your iTunes library: Click Keep File.
• Delete the item from your computer: Click Move to Recycle Bin. The item is removed the next time you empty the Recycle Bin.
You can hide items you haven’t downloaded to your iTunes library. (To add them back to your library, you can download them again.)

The above steps will walk you through deleting the movies, and then you can follow the steps on this page to redownload your past purchases: Redownload TV shows and movies that you purchased - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 9:13 AM in response to Wheels17

Greetings Wheels17,

Check out the information on this page to learn how to delete past downloaded movies from your PC: Delete songs and other items in iTunes on PC - Apple Support.

Delete movies and TV shows
1. In the iTunes app  on your PC, choose Movies or TV shows from the pop-up menu at the top left, then click Library.
The Library button in the navigation bar.
2. Click the item to select it, then press the Delete key.
3. Click Delete [item].
4. Do one of the following:
• Remove the item only from your iTunes library: Click Keep File.
• Delete the item from your computer: Click Move to Recycle Bin. The item is removed the next time you empty the Recycle Bin.
You can hide items you haven’t downloaded to your iTunes library. (To add them back to your library, you can download them again.)

The above steps will walk you through deleting the movies, and then you can follow the steps on this page to redownload your past purchases: Redownload TV shows and movies that you purchased - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

Feb 9, 2023 12:21 PM in response to genieen16

Thank you! this solves my problem.

I ended up just deleting the folder from the directory on my ssd. and later just redownloading it from the store under the purchased link. Took me a couple accidental downloads to figure out how everything worked though.

While I have your attention it's free to have multiple downloads of the same movie as long as you initially did the one-time purchase right? I just don't want accidental charges on my account. One last clarification is appreciated.

Deleteing Movie Downloads from your Computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.