Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage full

I have i cloud 2 TB and my storage is 128 gb but when I took photo or video it say to me your storage is full. But I can see my i cloud have just 390 gb.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 8:19 PM

The storage that is full is on your iPhone 14 Pro.

I would like you to realize and know one important thing and that is that there is NOTHING that you can do to increase the physical storage capacity of your iPhone. Your iPhone's storage capacity will forever remain the same as the day you bought it. 

You can purchase ➔ iCloud Storage from Apple where you create and save your iPhone backups and synch (Not Store) your Messages, Photos, Contacts, Calendars, Notes and Reminders. Note that iCloud Storage is NOT an extension of storage capacity of your iPhone. Just wanted you to know some facts.

Having said that, you can choose to Optimize Storage on your iPhone for all the Photos. What this action will do is store your original quality photos on iCloud and a small size photo on your iPhone. This takes up less space on your iPhone while maintaining the actual size on iCloud. This will free up space on your iPhone while making good use of iCloud. If you would like to try this then open Settings Photos Optimize iPhone Storage : Ensure that this option is chosen and has a checkmark on it.

Axel F.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 8:19 PM in response to kübra200

The storage that is full is on your iPhone 14 Pro.

I would like you to realize and know one important thing and that is that there is NOTHING that you can do to increase the physical storage capacity of your iPhone. Your iPhone's storage capacity will forever remain the same as the day you bought it. 

You can purchase ➔ iCloud Storage from Apple where you create and save your iPhone backups and synch (Not Store) your Messages, Photos, Contacts, Calendars, Notes and Reminders. Note that iCloud Storage is NOT an extension of storage capacity of your iPhone. Just wanted you to know some facts.

Having said that, you can choose to Optimize Storage on your iPhone for all the Photos. What this action will do is store your original quality photos on iCloud and a small size photo on your iPhone. This takes up less space on your iPhone while maintaining the actual size on iCloud. This will free up space on your iPhone while making good use of iCloud. If you would like to try this then open Settings Photos Optimize iPhone Storage : Ensure that this option is chosen and has a checkmark on it.

Axel F.

Jan 24, 2023 8:29 PM in response to kübra200

kübra200 Said:

"Storage full: I have i cloud 2 TB and my storage is 128 gb but when I took photo or video it say to me your storage is full. But I can see my i cloud have just 390 gb."

-------

Seems you need to clear space. Read the following...

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Try Removing Data from the iPhone itself...

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan.

So, what to do:

Use my Two User Tips:

Mar 10, 2023 5:58 AM in response to Axel Foley

What if like me you have over 100gb of free storage left on the device memory and it still tells me I have less the 5gb available?

I’ve deleted over 10gb of old videos just in case and it still tells me I don’t have enough storage.

I've also reinstalled the app and it still tells me I don’t have enough device storage regardless of having 20 times more than is required to save a video?

Mar 10, 2023 6:50 AM in response to The-viking

Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ About ➡️ Available: Here, you will see the available space on your device. Which number do you see here?

Open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud: Here, at the top, you will see the space used and available on iCloud. Which number do you see here?

I have a feeling that you may be confusing iCloud available space with your device space.

Axel F.

Storage full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.