Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had an app I have deleted that I still think could be tracking me how can I get it off of my phone .

I deleted an app that I think could possibly be tracking me , how can I be sure it’s not ? And if it is how can I get it off my phone? My Apple I phone 11

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 9:42 PM

Rocky1015 Said:

"I had an app I have deleted that I still think could be tracking me how can I get it off of my phone .: I deleted an app that I think could possibly be tracking me , how can I be sure it’s not ? And if it is how can I get it off my phone? My Apple I phone 11"

-------

Ridding of Suspicious Apps:

Set this Up Anew:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone, as if you were to sell it. Perform as interacted here, including the iCloud Logout and backup creation: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 9:42 PM in response to Rocky1015

Rocky1015 Said:

"I had an app I have deleted that I still think could be tracking me how can I get it off of my phone .: I deleted an app that I think could possibly be tracking me , how can I be sure it’s not ? And if it is how can I get it off my phone? My Apple I phone 11"

-------

Ridding of Suspicious Apps:

Set this Up Anew:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone, as if you were to sell it. Perform as interacted here, including the iCloud Logout and backup creation: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jan 24, 2023 9:36 PM in response to Rocky1015

If the app is still tracking you, check if it hasn't just been moved to the App Library. On your home screen, swipe left until you get to App Library. Find the app that tracks you, long press and choose to delete it permanently.

If you have deleted the app, it cannot track you, you can be sure of that.

Also remember that you can also see which apps are tracking you via the green or orange DOT in the Control Center.

About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar - Apple Support

I had an app I have deleted that I still think could be tracking me how can I get it off of my phone .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.