Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot leave conversation

how to delete and leave my conversation? because I cannot leave my conversation.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 2:02 AM

If you have a group conversation where one or more people in the group do not have iMessages, you cannot leave the conversation. The only thing you can do is Mute the conversation so you don't receive notifications when there are new messages.

To Mute the group conversation. Find the group conversation in the message overview, swipe on the message from left to right and select the "purple bell" - Now you will not receive notification sounds from that group conversation anymore.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 2:02 AM in response to CamilleZheng

If you have a group conversation where one or more people in the group do not have iMessages, you cannot leave the conversation. The only thing you can do is Mute the conversation so you don't receive notifications when there are new messages.

To Mute the group conversation. Find the group conversation in the message overview, swipe on the message from left to right and select the "purple bell" - Now you will not receive notification sounds from that group conversation anymore.

cannot leave conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.