Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background processes Ventura 13.1

Hi. I am getting messages from some "Ken Heglund" program initiating background processes. I seem unable to identify where/what Ken Heglund is related to,

- in activity monitor nothing.

I have ticked off and on Ken Heglund in background process overview - but I can not map it to where and why and what Ken Heglund do for me.... Lost in a lot of programs I am seldomly using, but are required now and then.

Talked with Apple support without any result.

Message translated by me-

"Background objects added

Software from Ken Heglund added objects that run in background. You can admin these in "Log on objects settings"."

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 5:55 PM

A message like that is almost certainly due to ControllerMate or some of its components being installed. Since ControllerMate has not been compatible with macOS for several years, it should not be found on systems with Ventura.

To make sure that none of ControllerMate's components are installed, look for and delete the following files/folders if they are found. Some are super old (early 2000s) or from limited-edition versions, so if you don't see them, don't worry about it and just move on to the next one:

/Applications/ControllerMate MIDI.app

/Applications/ControllerMate.app

/Library/Application Support/ControllerMate

/Library/Extensions/ControllerMate.kext

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.orderedbytes.ControllerMateHelper.plist

/private/etc/mach_init_per_user.d/ControllerMateHelper.plist

/private/etc/mach_init_per_user.d/ControllerMateMIDIHelper.plist

/System/Library/Extensions/ControllerMate.kext

/usr/local/bin/ControllerMateHelper.app

/usr/local/bin/ControllerMateMIDIHelper.app

~/Library/Application Support/ControllerMate

~/Library/Logs/ControllerMate

~/Library/Logs/ControllerMate MIDI

If you are unsure of how to locate these files, chose Go > Go to Folder... (Shift-Command G) in the Finder's menubar and enter the filename.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2023 5:55 PM in response to Stein O

A message like that is almost certainly due to ControllerMate or some of its components being installed. Since ControllerMate has not been compatible with macOS for several years, it should not be found on systems with Ventura.

To make sure that none of ControllerMate's components are installed, look for and delete the following files/folders if they are found. Some are super old (early 2000s) or from limited-edition versions, so if you don't see them, don't worry about it and just move on to the next one:

/Applications/ControllerMate MIDI.app

/Applications/ControllerMate.app

/Library/Application Support/ControllerMate

/Library/Extensions/ControllerMate.kext

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.orderedbytes.ControllerMateHelper.plist

/private/etc/mach_init_per_user.d/ControllerMateHelper.plist

/private/etc/mach_init_per_user.d/ControllerMateMIDIHelper.plist

/System/Library/Extensions/ControllerMate.kext

/usr/local/bin/ControllerMateHelper.app

/usr/local/bin/ControllerMateMIDIHelper.app

~/Library/Application Support/ControllerMate

~/Library/Logs/ControllerMate

~/Library/Logs/ControllerMate MIDI

If you are unsure of how to locate these files, chose Go > Go to Folder... (Shift-Command G) in the Finder's menubar and enter the filename.

Jan 25, 2023 3:36 AM in response to Stein O

Stein O wrote:

Hi. I am getting messages from some "Ken Heglund" program initiating background processes. I seem unable to identify where/what Ken Heglund is related to,

- in activity monitor nothing.

I have ticked off and on Ken Heglund in background process overview - but I can not map it to where and why and what Ken Heglund do for me.... Lost in a lot of programs I am seldomly using, but are required now and then.

Talked with Apple support without any result.

Message translated by me-

"Background objects added
Software from Ken Heglund added objects that run in background. You can admin these in "Log on objects settings"."
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/a0b19c8a-8e07-44c1-aede-e49b2b9a1282

Did you look for an associated application...

ref: Ken Heglund

https://www.orderedbytes.com/about/

Background processes Ventura 13.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.