Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to download "purchased" music to my new iPad and only get an offer to try Apple Music.

I purchased music, either on my old iPad touch, or iTunes on my PC. I need to get the files onto my new 9th get iPad. The files are on the old iPad, and show as "purchased" on iTunes(PC) and on the new iPad. I can't download the files either to the PC or the new iPad. I've looked through all the suggestions I could find without success.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 1:22 PM

On the new iPad go to the iTunes Store and download. Redownload music – Apple Support (AU)

2 replies

Jan 28, 2023 8:20 AM in response to picas

The problem was that many "purchased" items had been marked as "hidden". When trying to re-download, the "purchased" button was greyed out with no explanation of why. I was digging through everything on my Apple account and came across the "hidden" attribute. Some things I remembered hiding, others had somehow been marked that way. iTunes had crashed on my PC last year and corrupted my library. I gave up on iTunes at that time, but I needed to re-install to get things set up on a new iPad.

Thanks for the reply, I had gotten things working when I unhid everything.

Trying to download "purchased" music to my new iPad and only get an offer to try Apple Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.