Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus Status

I'm trying to set up Focus Status's for my work phone. I go into Settings>Focus>Work Focus

I have under my Apps for allow notifications several apps selected that I need. But on my Home Screen those apps are not available, and I don't want to swipe between two screens. I just want one home screen that allows me to the see the apps selected. HOW DO I FIX THIS?!!!!!!

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 8:18 AM

5 replies

Jan 26, 2023 5:11 PM in response to LadyElectricT

Hello LadyElectricT,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We're happy to look into this with you. To help us better understand your current set up, did you follow Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support, section: Connect Home Screen pages to Focus? If you're not sure, we've provided details below:

Connect Home Screen pages to Focus

After you set up Focus, you can silence notifications or allow only notifications from the people and apps that match your Focus. You can also customize a Home Screen page that has only apps related to your Focus and make that page the only one accessible during the time you have the Focus enabled.

iPhone screen showing the settings for Do Not Disturb Focus. 

1. Go to Settings > Focus.

2. Select the Focus that you want to customize, then choose the Home Screen.

3. Create a new Home Screen page, select an existing Home Screen page, or select multiple pages that you want to connect to this Focus.

4. Tap Done.

From here, you can also tap Options and turn on Hide Notification Badges, which hides notifications on your Home Screen apps.

If you're not sure you followed those actions specifically, give them a try and let us know if they help with the set up you're looking to achieve.

Best regards.

Feb 2, 2023 1:54 PM in response to Dorain1

Sorry for my delay. I did update to the latest iOS but that didn't help.

Image right below is what my home screen currently looks like. Within focus status I have selected more apps then this to allow notifications, but they won't appear on this screen even though I have plenty of room.

Image right below is the home screen pages I can select. I don't want to select multiple pages. I just want to handful of apps I need on the home screen so when I open my open I don't have to scroll anywhere.

Jan 27, 2023 8:57 AM in response to LadyElectricT

Thanks for getting back and letting us know LadyElectricT.

So we know better how to look into what's happening, what do you see on the Home Screen after setting up Focus?

Do you have the current iOS 16.3 version installed on your iPhone? You can view the version by going to Settings > General > About.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Focus Status

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.