Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way of deleting 'Blocked' listed emails?

I receive spam emails, regularly, and each time such emails arrive (usually in my Junk folder) I add them to the 'Blocked' list and then delete them, manually.

I'm reaching out for tips to auto-delete emails that I have marked as 'Blocked' so that I don't even see them listed when they have arrived.

I can't seem to find a rule setting like; if email is in blocked list then (permanently) delete.

In the past I have numerous rules attempting to delete spam emails, but if only I could delete 'blocked' emails then I would only need one rule/solution.

Help, clarity, and advice welcome...

iMac 24″

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 9:03 AM

I may not have provided sufficient details into my original request for help, so here I hope may help you help me in identifying a solution. I may have misled unintentionally using the word Delete when I mean Erase.

1. I have managed to 'Block' many emails and they are listed in my Blocked list;
  2. For some reason none of these Blocked emails get moved into the trash (Bin) folder, even though this is selected (ticked);
  3. Most of these Blocked emails arrive or are auto-moved into the Junk folder (they are indeed marked as Blocked).

What I'm trying to achieve is for all Blocked emails (listed in my Blocked list) to be Erased so that they do not show up in any folder, Trash (Bin) or Junk or Inbox.

I can't find a rule that allows me to select something like "If mail is in Blocked list the Erase email".

Perhaps there is a way but I have not identified it yet, perhaps there is no solution.

Or, perhaps, someone out there may have an apple.script that can be attached to a rule that can perform the actions necessary?

Over to the community for help, please ...

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 9:03 AM in response to Slimsteve

I may not have provided sufficient details into my original request for help, so here I hope may help you help me in identifying a solution. I may have misled unintentionally using the word Delete when I mean Erase.

1. I have managed to 'Block' many emails and they are listed in my Blocked list;
  2. For some reason none of these Blocked emails get moved into the trash (Bin) folder, even though this is selected (ticked);
  3. Most of these Blocked emails arrive or are auto-moved into the Junk folder (they are indeed marked as Blocked).

What I'm trying to achieve is for all Blocked emails (listed in my Blocked list) to be Erased so that they do not show up in any folder, Trash (Bin) or Junk or Inbox.

I can't find a rule that allows me to select something like "If mail is in Blocked list the Erase email".

Perhaps there is a way but I have not identified it yet, perhaps there is no solution.

Or, perhaps, someone out there may have an apple.script that can be attached to a rule that can perform the actions necessary?

Over to the community for help, please ...

Jan 28, 2023 1:31 PM in response to leroydouglas

Yes, on a Mac: select a message, and Control-click on it to select to Delete it or move it to Trash, or whatever. Once you move it to Trash it should be automatically deleted within some period of time, determined by the settings for each account.

Go to Mail -> Settings -> Accounts to check the Mailbox settings for each account, and set when you want mail to erase deleted messages from Trash, Junk, etc.

Jan 29, 2023 12:18 PM in response to Slimsteve

"Blocked" emails should end up in either the Junk or Trash for the account -- depending on how you treat them.

You can set the time it takes to erase messages in either folder in Mail -> Settings, then select the Accounts tab, click on the name of an account, and select the Mailbox Behaviors tab. There you should see (and be able to choose) how long messages can live in Junk (default is to never Erase), and Trash (default is one month).

Jan 25, 2023 9:50 AM in response to Slimsteve

Slimsteve wrote:

I receive spam emails, regularly, and each time such emails arrive (usually in my Junk folder) I add them to the 'Blocked' list and then delete them, manually.

I'm reaching out for tips to auto-delete emails that I have marked as 'Blocked' so that I don't even see them listed when they have arrived.

I can't seem to find a rule setting like; if email is in blocked list then (permanently) delete.

In the past I have numerous rules attempting to delete spam emails, but if only I could delete 'blocked' emails then I would only need one rule/solution.

Help, clarity, and advice welcome...

ref:

Block or unblock senders in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Is there a way of deleting 'Blocked' listed emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.