Junk email filters that actually work - C'mon smart people - FIX THIS

Why can't it be as simple as emails not addressed specifically to my actual email address just be blocked 100%, so I don't even have to deal with the 100+ per day spam emails addressed to completely nonsensical email addresses that have nothing to do with me - ? I've set all the perimeters for sorting junk mail, and blocking addresses does absolutely nothing - they still land in either my inbox or junk folder. We can land on the moon and clone animals - but no one has figured out how to squash junk email for real?

Apologies for the topic selection - there was nearly everything else except "mail/email".

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 8:18 AM

If you get the right combination of rules you can eliminate most junk. But the very best I've achieved still allows 2-3 to slip through daily.

You have to "play with" the settings and do the trial and error thing to make it work reasonably well.

Rules have been like this for as long as I remember. Apparently Apple has higher priority items and honestly that's fine by me.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 8:18 AM in response to MotoBella

If you get the right combination of rules you can eliminate most junk. But the very best I've achieved still allows 2-3 to slip through daily.

You have to "play with" the settings and do the trial and error thing to make it work reasonably well.

Rules have been like this for as long as I remember. Apparently Apple has higher priority items and honestly that's fine by me.

Junk email filters that actually work - C'mon smart people - FIX THIS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.