Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Hotspot Maximiize Compatibility Option

Running current iOS (16.3) on an iPhone 12 SE (second generation SE). I don't have the option to maximize compatibility as part of my mobile hotspot. It's apparently needed for me to use the hotspot with a Kindle.

How do I activate this option?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 1:56 PM

Hello dryadsdad,

To start, you'll want to determine which actual model iPhone you're using. You mentioned "iPhone 12 SE (second generation SE)" in your description, which is two different models. The iPhone 12 is one model, and the iPhone SE is a different model. This is important to know, as this will determine if this is expected or an actual issue. An easy way to tell is just by looking at the front of the phone. If it's an iPhone 12, the screen will cover the entire front. If it's an iPhone SE, it will still have the "Home" button below the screen.

The Maximize Compatibility setting is available on iPhone 12 models and newer. If you are in fact using an iPhone SE (2nd gen), that model does not have the Maximize Compatibility setting in the Personal Hotspot options.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 1:56 PM in response to dryadsdad

Hello dryadsdad,

To start, you'll want to determine which actual model iPhone you're using. You mentioned "iPhone 12 SE (second generation SE)" in your description, which is two different models. The iPhone 12 is one model, and the iPhone SE is a different model. This is important to know, as this will determine if this is expected or an actual issue. An easy way to tell is just by looking at the front of the phone. If it's an iPhone 12, the screen will cover the entire front. If it's an iPhone SE, it will still have the "Home" button below the screen.

The Maximize Compatibility setting is available on iPhone 12 models and newer. If you are in fact using an iPhone SE (2nd gen), that model does not have the Maximize Compatibility setting in the Personal Hotspot options.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

Cheers!

No Hotspot Maximiize Compatibility Option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.