Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos not showing on apple tv with home sharing

I have the latest version of itunes, and homesharing.

windows 11, fully up to date.

when i turn on home sharing, and select the photos to be shared, I can not see them on apple tv.

I have tried selecting all photos, and then select photos, and selecting all my folders.

The movies show up, but not the photos.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 8:46 PM

What is your model Apple TV box? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Set the parent folder of the images that you want to home share from the drop down menu (Choose folder…). The options below that are for folders within that first folder. The first level subfolders will be interpreted as albums in the Computers app (not the Photos app!) on the Apple TV box.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Home Sharing photos requires the Apple TV box, not the Apple TV app on a third party device.

In the Computers app on Apple TV, find the Photos tab. That should give a sub-menu for all photos or albums.

The format of the images should be JPEG, GIF, TIFF, or HEIF (for the latest models). I.e. no PNG or RAW formats.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 8:46 PM in response to Javadog70

What is your model Apple TV box? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Set the parent folder of the images that you want to home share from the drop down menu (Choose folder…). The options below that are for folders within that first folder. The first level subfolders will be interpreted as albums in the Computers app (not the Photos app!) on the Apple TV box.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Home Sharing photos requires the Apple TV box, not the Apple TV app on a third party device.

In the Computers app on Apple TV, find the Photos tab. That should give a sub-menu for all photos or albums.

The format of the images should be JPEG, GIF, TIFF, or HEIF (for the latest models). I.e. no PNG or RAW formats.

photos not showing on apple tv with home sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.