Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn my iPhone 14 Pro Max notification volume down?

When I’m on a call, any messages coming in ping incredibly loudly in my ear. How do I turn this notification volume down but keep my ringer volume higher?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 4:59 PM

Hi francesfromsomewhere,

The following steps address what you're describing specifically and should enable you to set a desired alert volume that will not change with the volume buttons during a call:

"Lock the ringer and alert volumes in Settings

1. Go to Settings .
  2. Tap Sounds & Haptics (on supported models) or Sounds (on other iPhone models).
  3. Turn off Change with Buttons."

You can find these steps along with other information that may be helpful, here: Adjust the volume on iPhone – Apple Support

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 4:59 PM in response to francesfromsomewhere

Hi francesfromsomewhere,

The following steps address what you're describing specifically and should enable you to set a desired alert volume that will not change with the volume buttons during a call:

"Lock the ringer and alert volumes in Settings

1. Go to Settings .
  2. Tap Sounds & Haptics (on supported models) or Sounds (on other iPhone models).
  3. Turn off Change with Buttons."

You can find these steps along with other information that may be helpful, here: Adjust the volume on iPhone – Apple Support

Cheers!

Jan 28, 2023 12:46 PM in response to francesfromsomewhere

Hi francesfromsomewhere,

The volume for notifications only can not be adjusted without including the other things from the article we shared: Adjust the volume on iPhone - Apple Support

When you’re on the phone or listening to songs, movies, or other media on iPhone, you can use the buttons on the side of your device to adjust the audio volume. Otherwise, the buttons control the volume for the ringer, alerts, and other sound effects. You can also use Siri to turn the volume up or down.

It also explains you can silence the iPhone when you get or make a call, by using the side switch for the Control Center.

Adjust the volume in Control Center
When iPhone is locked or when you’re using an app, you can adjust the volume in Control Center.
Open Control Center, then drag the volume slider.
Temporarily silence calls, alerts, and notifications
Open Control Center, tap Focus, then tap Do Not Disturb. (See Set Do Not Disturb.)
Put iPhone in silent mode
To put iPhone in silent mode , set the Ring/Silent switch so that the switch shows orange. To turn off silent mode, set the switch back.
The upper portion of the front of iPhone showing the Ring/Silent switch at the top left, above the volume buttons.
When silent mode is off, iPhone plays all sounds. When silent mode is on, iPhone doesn’t ring or play alerts or other sound effects (but iPhone may still vibrate).
Important: Clock alarms, audio apps such as Music, and many games play sounds through the built-in speaker, even when silent mode is on. In some countries or regions, the sound effects for Camera, Voice Memos, and Emergency Alerts are played, even when the Ring/Silent switch is set to silent.

If you'd like to submit feedback to Apple, you can do so with this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

How do I turn my iPhone 14 Pro Max notification volume down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.