Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Extension Extension Works but Extension Icon Missing

So, I managed to clear off some kind of Safari-related cache on a machine running Big Sur that caused my Bit Warden extension and one or two others to disappear! I've tried everything I can come up with...recopying from a backup drive, reinstalling Safari, re-installing Bit Warden, restarting everything, rebuilding launch services. Bit Warden "suspect[s] the issue is a corrupt database in the Launcher Service." I'm not so sure. I'm willing to take the blame and think I deleted something that caused a problem. However, using Find Any File, I think I have confirmed that every instance of the icon on backup drive is also on the main drive.

The pic below shows the BitWarden extension will be "quite operational when your friends arrive," but the image is out to lunch!

Any ideas on how to remedy this one!?!!?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 5:06 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Safari Extension Extension Works but Extension Icon Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.