Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable App Store icon on from iMessage app drawer on kids phone?

I have pretty much everything disabled on my child’s phone. I do not want them on the internet at all. I just want them to call or text me. I have the restrictions all set up and everything. But then while going through the iMessage app I noticed there are 2 options I can’t delete from the app drawer (when you select the “A” icon to view app shortcuts): the photos app and the App Store app. I CANNOT find a way to delete or disable the App Store one. Even if the App Store is disabled on the phone, you can still access it through iMessage. Seems like a huge oversight and an easy way for kids to browse the “internet” on a device that’s supposed to be completely locked

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 9:59 PM

Unfortunately, you cannot remove the App Store shortcut in the messages. If you have already "restricted" most of the phone, then there is no chance that your children will download apps without your permission. The App Store also does not provide further access "to the Internet" - the only thing that can happen is that your children look in the App Store, they can't see anything else and they can't download anything.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 9:59 PM in response to tclay86

Unfortunately, you cannot remove the App Store shortcut in the messages. If you have already "restricted" most of the phone, then there is no chance that your children will download apps without your permission. The App Store also does not provide further access "to the Internet" - the only thing that can happen is that your children look in the App Store, they can't see anything else and they can't download anything.

How to disable App Store icon on from iMessage app drawer on kids phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.