Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device Location

When I search areas near me, it searches Florida, instead of Georgia. When asked to confirm if I am signing in, time is correct but location often shows Florida.

What’s going on?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 8:12 AM

The Location is based on your public IP address, which may resolve to your ISP's distribution center for the area. This location may or may not be in the same state as you.

There's not much that can be done about this, as long as you know its you that is signing in, then there's no issue.

For searches, you can look for a way to define the area you are in, instead of letting the search determine the location based on your IP address.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 8:12 AM in response to Why1012

The Location is based on your public IP address, which may resolve to your ISP's distribution center for the area. This location may or may not be in the same state as you.

There's not much that can be done about this, as long as you know its you that is signing in, then there's no issue.

For searches, you can look for a way to define the area you are in, instead of letting the search determine the location based on your IP address.

Device Location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.