Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv 4k 2nd gen hdcp error

My Bell Fibe app stopped working this week. I am getting a HDCP 1009k error. I rebooted everything, changed and replugged my high speed HDMI cables. Also reloaded the app and rerouted my connections to my tv. All other apps on the tv work fine. I ended up plugging my old Bell box back in to my tv. What’s needed to fix this error?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 12:24 PM

… it only affects only impacts our Bell fibe tv app.

When it only affects one content provider, then possibly they used an HDCP certificate that has issues. Contact them directly about your error message. (If the issue is with them, then they won’t fix it until they get enough feedback to learn that the issue is with them.)

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 12:24 PM in response to Mlelievre0071

… it only affects only impacts our Bell fibe tv app.

When it only affects one content provider, then possibly they used an HDCP certificate that has issues. Contact them directly about your error message. (If the issue is with them, then they won’t fix it until they get enough feedback to learn that the issue is with them.)

Jan 27, 2023 5:33 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks very much for your reply, I don’t understand it either, but removing the ethernet cable on the apple tv allowed me to use the Bell Fibe app. All other apps were working fine. I tried everything else. Since my Samsung TV, Samsung sound bar and apple tv were all connected independently to wifi, I think there may have been some kind of weak link or conflict in the chain. One of the connections may not have been HDCP compliant.

Jan 28, 2023 9:34 AM in response to Urquhart1244

You were right, as the HDCP error came back the next day. Intermittent problems are the worst to deal with. I swapped out all of the cables, but the error persists. I bypassed my Samsung sound bar and now it works. Since we really like the dolby atmos and other sound bar features, we decided to live with the problem, as it only affects only impacts our Bell fibe tv app. Thanks for your help.

Feb 20, 2023 7:47 AM in response to Urquhart1244

This issue is with the App developper not with your Apple TV.

They have updated their app recently, issue started from that update.

I have both Apple TV 4K (most recent one and the old one with the black remote) behaving the same and only with that specific Bell TV app.

My HDMI cables are all fine and new (high speed and ultra high speed).

We must pressure Bell Fibe on that.

Feb 20, 2023 11:33 AM in response to Mlelievre0071

Re: Apple tv 2nd gen 4k, Samsung soundbar and Samsung 4k tv. I tried the suggested solution of deleting the fibe app, then restarted the apple tv and reloaded the app. Same problem occurs. I ended up buying a $60 fire stick max, and all works fine, as I am paying for streaming on the Bell fibe app., and like watching the news in the a.m.

I do have the first gen 4k apple tv on my basement rec room tv, and the bell fibe works ok on that old Toshiba HD TV and newer Denon hdmi receiver.

I will eventually put a call into tech support at Bell, but not holding my breath, as I assume that they will likely blame my hardware set up. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know.

Apple tv 4k 2nd gen hdcp error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.