Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transitions are not showing up in FCPX

I have followed all the directions, created the folders in the Motion Templates folders of Compositions, Effects etc, added .localized to the file name, put the entire folder of transitions in, restarted fcpx. I am not seeing any folders in the transitions menu with abstract cartoon animation, by looking or search terms. I haven't restarted my computer, and I'm on a trial version of fcpx right now. Those are the only two things I can think of! I'm not sure what step I'm missing or doing wrong, thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 11:34 AM

Oh wait... these are NOT transitions, they are generators.

They need to go inside the Generators folder. Just move the whole "Abstract Cartoon Transition" under "Generators" (perhaps you may also want to change its name, as they are in fact not transitions, but that is up to you).

Then in FCP they will appear in the Generators browser at the top left:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 11:34 AM in response to taura258

Oh wait... these are NOT transitions, they are generators.

They need to go inside the Generators folder. Just move the whole "Abstract Cartoon Transition" under "Generators" (perhaps you may also want to change its name, as they are in fact not transitions, but that is up to you).

Then in FCP they will appear in the Generators browser at the top left:

Jan 26, 2023 10:24 AM in response to taura258

Between the Transitions folder and the folders for the actual transitions, you are missing a “category” folder.

Create a new folder inside Transitions, give it a meaningful name - that folder’s name will appear on the list of Categories on the left side of the transitions browser insidd FCP.

You may call it “Abstract Cartoons” or whatever you want.

Move all the folders that are now directly inside Transitions into this new folder.

Move

Transitions are not showing up in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.