Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

FCP transitions don't show up in FCP

I've created the Transitions folder in Motion Templates. I've followed this guide: Installed Transitions will not show up in… - Apple Community but no luck. The folder for each individual transition has a small and large png, a media folder with jpg files, and another file with no extension. I tried adding .motr but it still doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated!

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 7:52 PM

Fixed.

For whoever else stumbles here: I had to open the effect in TextEdit and change the ozml version and display version. This video covers the process https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akcVftvMzck&ab_channel=BradWest

4 replies

Aug 14, 2023 2:59 PM in response to lemonlime123

In addition to what Tom said: one common mistake is to not add a "category" folder under Transitions.localized.

Please post a screenshot of the folder hierarchy in Column View. It should be something similar to this (in my example, "Lichinho" is a category, and "Asym Dissolve" is a transition. The category is used to group related transitions and appears in the transition browser in FCP.

Aug 16, 2023 12:47 AM in response to lemonlime123

I am glad that fixed it and thank you for posting the solution.

In the interest of clarity, in case someone else comes across this thread: the fix you described is only required in case you are running a version of FCP that predates the version if Motion that was used to create the templates.

I don’t think you mentioned which versions you have. Perhaps you might only have had to update the OS and FCP, or perhaps you couldn’t because your mac is older.

FCP transitions don't show up in FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.