Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

I have an Apple Watch series 4, I'm going to South America next week, I just wanted to know if I'm going to be able to see the time.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 2:35 PM

Well yes.

Even without cellular service and/or a paired iPhone, the watch will keep the time.

I'm not saying that you aren't going to have service when you get there, I'm just saying that if you were in a cave in your backyard, it'll still keep the time.

Before you go, check with your provider to see about an international plan. Your current plan might be enough too.

Have a nice trip and a great time there! :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 2:35 PM in response to Vene1

Well yes.

Even without cellular service and/or a paired iPhone, the watch will keep the time.

I'm not saying that you aren't going to have service when you get there, I'm just saying that if you were in a cave in your backyard, it'll still keep the time.

Before you go, check with your provider to see about an international plan. Your current plan might be enough too.

Have a nice trip and a great time there! :-)

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.