Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

*** Mute mic on AirPods Max ***

The Common Scenario:

User is on a FaceTime/Zoom call, far away from their computer, and NEEDS to mute or unmute their mic without going all the way back to my computer.

The Obvious Solution:

Double tap the either the "noise control button" or the "digital crown" (PICK ONE) to toggle the mic between mute and unmute.

Questions:

Can the AirPods Max software get an update to make this possible?

When will this get done?

Research:

There are several posts about this and I am very surprised this feature add hasn't been made.

mute AirPods max - Apple Community

Any way to mute AirPods Pro when away fro… - Apple Community

How do I mute AirPodsPro when on a call? - Apple Community

Can I set up tap to mute on AirPods Pro ? - Apple Community

Double Tap for 'Mute' on AirPods - Apple Community

PLEASE UPDATE THIS APPLE 🙏🏻

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 3:10 PM

Hello RoarkeC,

I can see why this is frustrating. You can submit a Feature Request here to Apple, and maybe they will consider adding this function to AirPods Max in the future:

Feedback - AirPods - Apple

As you probably already know, there are other commands you can use, such as rejecting or receiving an incoming call, etc., but no current commands for unmuting or muting your audio during a FaceTime/Zoom call:

Connect and use your AirPods Max - Apple Support

Let me know if you need any more help. Have a nice day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 3:10 PM in response to RoarkeC

Hello RoarkeC,

I can see why this is frustrating. You can submit a Feature Request here to Apple, and maybe they will consider adding this function to AirPods Max in the future:

Feedback - AirPods - Apple

As you probably already know, there are other commands you can use, such as rejecting or receiving an incoming call, etc., but no current commands for unmuting or muting your audio during a FaceTime/Zoom call:

Connect and use your AirPods Max - Apple Support

Let me know if you need any more help. Have a nice day.

*** Mute mic on AirPods Max ***

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.