Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Glitching

My screen has been glitching when I turn my laptop on, as well as whenever I stream something (I mainly use YouTube and Netflix, and it’s happened with both). The best way I can describe it is that when I turn it on theres a strip of color cutting through the black screen, and when I stream there’s little strips of pixels going horizontal that pop up and go away all around the screen. However, any other time I use my laptop the screen works just fine and nothing happens. The picture is of my screen when the laptop is starting up. Does anybody have any insight as to what is wrong, or if I can do anything to fix it on my own before taking it to the store?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 3:28 PM

2 replies

Jan 29, 2023 9:08 AM in response to applestef

Hello applestef,

To start off, we advise that you restart your Mac (Shut down or restart your Mac) and make sure it's fully updated (Update macOS on Mac). Once those are done, please test this issue.

If the issue persists, continue by testing to see when this behavior occurs. First, put your Mac into safe mode and test. Booting into safe mode will disable any startup and login items from automatically opening, which can help us to isolate the source of the issue further. When you do this, you’ll see some unusual behavior from the display; this is to be expected. Please follow the steps in this article: How to use safe mode on your Mac. 

Next, let's see if this behavior persists in a second user account on your Mac. Testing in a new user will determine if you have a system-wide issue or if it's user-specific. Please follow these steps to make a test account that can be deleted later: Change Users & Groups settings on Mac.

Let us know how this goes, please. Thanks and take care.

Screen Glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.