Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to crop in Preview but Crop is greyed out. I tried Edit, Select all, but crop is still greyed out. I was able to use this function prior to upgrading to Ventura.

How can I crop in Preview. Crop is greyed out. Prior to upgrading to Ventura, Crop was an icon on Markup Tool Bar.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 6:35 PM

Use a Selection Tool first, see if this helps:

MtD

5 replies

Jan 26, 2023 6:35 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Thanks for your reply. However, the only selection option is "Select all". This highlights the whole page and the Crop function is still greyed out.

I just worked out that I have to go under Tools, Rectangular Selection to choose Crop; then Crop becomes available. It also comes up on the Toolbar when I have used Rectangular Selection.

Prior to Ventura, the Crop function was always visible on the Toolbar - I used this function on an almost daily basis.

I am trying to crop in Preview but Crop is greyed out. I tried Edit, Select all, but crop is still greyed out. I was able to use this function prior to upgrading to Ventura.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.