Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way to turn off phone number keypad sounds, at least during calls

I know that if I used the volume buttons or otherwise silenced the whole phone, the numerical touch tones on the phone would be silent as well. But the problem with the tones is that I keep hitting them with my face during calls, which annoys the other party. (Do this because of various things in my hand and having to hold the phone close to my face, or else no one can hear me well even at top volume. So I know the obvious answer is just not to hit the number keys during calls.)

Any other way to silence phone keypad (number touch tones) at least temporarily during a call?

Thanks

Lucinda. (Phone is iPhone 13 pro max).

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 8:35 PM

Hi Lucinda:

The proximity sensor assists in turning off the screen whenever you pick a call and rest it on your ear. If the proximity sensor on your iPhone is not functioning properly, then it will cause accidental touches when receiving calls like you mentioned in your post.

Try the following one at a time:

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2) Clean the screen of your iPhone

(3) Remove the Screen Protector and the case of your iPhone and see whether that resolves the issue.

(4) Update to the latest iOS version

(5) Was the screen ever been damaged on your iPhone?

(6) Contact 👉 Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 8:35 PM in response to lucina82

Hi Lucinda:

The proximity sensor assists in turning off the screen whenever you pick a call and rest it on your ear. If the proximity sensor on your iPhone is not functioning properly, then it will cause accidental touches when receiving calls like you mentioned in your post.

Try the following one at a time:

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2) Clean the screen of your iPhone

(3) Remove the Screen Protector and the case of your iPhone and see whether that resolves the issue.

(4) Update to the latest iOS version

(5) Was the screen ever been damaged on your iPhone?

(6) Contact 👉 Apple Support

Axel F.

Any way to turn off phone number keypad sounds, at least during calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.