Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens if I delete my “blocked contacts” list in settings on iPhone 14?

What happens if I delete my”blocked contacts” list in settings on iPhone 14?

the list is very very long.

will those unwanted callers still be blocked?

thank you.

iPhone 14

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 10:03 PM

Once you delete the block list then all contents of that list are obivously deleted. This means that the iPhone has no active list of blocked contacts to refer to when receiving a call. Those previously unwanted calls, therefore, will no longer be blocked.

Axel F.

5 replies

Jan 26, 2023 10:18 PM in response to MROCCOF2

MROCCOF2 Said:

"Thank you, both of you! Will just let it be but the list is getting longer and longer due to scam calls that I do not accept, but rather block!"

-------

You are welcome.

Troubleshooting Scammers:

Along with my previous reply...

Blocking Out Spammers:

A. Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security.

The free version of Malwarebytes Mobile Security blocks popups. The paid version blocks out known spam numbers. So, consider using it. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

B. Notes and Reference Sites on Phishing:

Jan 26, 2023 9:26 PM in response to MROCCOF2

MROCCOF2 Said:

"What happens if I delete my 'blocked contacts' list in settings on iPhone 14? the list is very very long. will those unwanted callers still be blocked? thank you."

-------

Deleting Blocked Contacts:

A. All is Lost After Deletion:

If deleted, then will no longer be blocked. So, let it be, if you have many.

B. Keep a Recode, if your Want to Delete:

If you want to delete the list, then, prior to doing so, take a screenshot of your iPhone, as you scroll down, to keep a record of what is in there.

What happens if I delete my “blocked contacts” list in settings on iPhone 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.