Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello my iphone doesnt allow me to update it keeps being paused and my phone keeps restarting every 5 mins

Hello my iphone doesnt allow me to update it keeps being paused and my phone keeps restarting every 5 mins

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 10:20 PM

_aaariee_ Said:

"Hello my iphone doesnt allow me to update it keeps being paused and my phone keeps restarting every 5 mins"

-------

Troubleshooting an iPhone Rebooting:

The iPhone is stuck in a boot loop.  So, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

2 replies

Jan 26, 2023 10:48 PM in response to _aaariee_

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Software Update: If there is an update available for your iPhone then it will be listed here. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and update your iPhone. 

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

—————

Your iPhone may have a poor battery condition which cannot provide sufficient power for peak performance. What is the Battery Health of your iPhone? Open Settings  Battery  Battery Health and let us know which percentage you see for Maximum Capacity. Also note what is written under Peak Performance. If your battery's Maximum Capacity shows a value of 80% or less, then it has gone through its lifecycle and therefore should be replaced, according to Apple.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.