Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted / Spam Calendar Event will not Delete

I have an unwanted calendar invitation that I have declined but within a second it’s back in my calendar. How can I stop this?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 2:17 PM

There is no “unsubscribe” option on the spam calendar event.

I have deleted the calendar for now but it is not a spam calendar, just the one entry.

I also cannot block the email address as there isn’t one (it shows as “congratulations” even when I tap to see).

Are there any other options?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 2:17 PM in response to Lissy_12

There is no “unsubscribe” option on the spam calendar event.

I have deleted the calendar for now but it is not a spam calendar, just the one entry.

I also cannot block the email address as there isn’t one (it shows as “congratulations” even when I tap to see).

Are there any other options?

Jan 29, 2023 1:19 PM in response to UnwantedCalenderEntry

Hi UnwantedCalenderEntry,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! To remove spam calendars and events on your iPhone, the steps below can help:

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone

How to remove calendar spam on your iPhone in iOS 14.6 or later
1. Open the Calendars app. 
2. Tap the unwanted Calendar event.
3. Tap Unsubscribe from this Calendar at the bottom of the screen.
4. To confirm, tap Unsubscribe. 
How to remove calendar spam on your iPhone in earlier versions of iOS
1. Open the Calendar app.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap Calendars.
3. Look for a calendar that you don't recognize. Tap the More Info button  next to that calendar, then scroll down and tap Delete Calendar.
If this doesn't fix the issue, delete the calendar subscription in Settings:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap Calendar > Accounts. Or if you use iOS 13, tap Passwords & Accounts > Accounts instead.
3. Tap Subscribed Calendars.
4. Look for a calendar that you don't recognize. Tap it, then tap Delete Account.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Jan 29, 2023 3:03 PM in response to UnwantedCalenderEntry

Hello UnwantedCalenderEntry,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your calendar.

If using iCloud, please check this help article: Report a junk calendar event invitation on iCloud.con - Apple Support

Also check this article: How to unsubscribe from calendars on your iPhone - Apple Support

If you still can't find anything, please check these two places: Settings>Passwords & Accounts, do you see a strange email account listed there? If there is, tap on it and then Delete Account.

Or, if you go to Settings > General > Profiles, is there anything listed there?

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Unwanted / Spam Calendar Event will not Delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.