Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Rule Not Automatically Running

I am running Ventura 13.2 on a Mac Studio and using Mac Mail. I have rules set up to automatically delete junk mail from certain senders. All are working automatically but one. If I use the Apply Rules action, they will then delete.

I went to iCloud Mail to see if I could set up the rules there, but there is no option to delete there.

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 3:19 PM

Rules only work on emails in the Inbox mailbox. If an email gets directed to the Junk mailbox rules won't work on it automatically.

Select a Junk email and clic, on the Not Junk button. Then go to the Inbox and run the rule on it. It should be sent to the Trash bin. If not select the email, go to the Rules settings pane and add it again to the Delete rule.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 3:19 PM in response to gakg223

Rules only work on emails in the Inbox mailbox. If an email gets directed to the Junk mailbox rules won't work on it automatically.

Select a Junk email and clic, on the Not Junk button. Then go to the Inbox and run the rule on it. It should be sent to the Trash bin. If not select the email, go to the Rules settings pane and add it again to the Delete rule.

Mail Rule Not Automatically Running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.