Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset

I have an old macbook. (safari) Im trying to reset an iphone 11 without passcode. There are no updates available for my computer and it says to update itunes. But none are available. Its V7.5 Is there a way to make this work so I can reset my iphone 11? The latest computer update was in 2007 Mac OS X 10.4 release 6 V1.0

Ya, its old.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 6:29 PM

iTunes/Mac OS/iOS compatibility - Apple Community

indicates you'll want Sierra as the minimum OS for iOS 13 syncing, which is the minimum iOS that came with the iPhone 11. Sierra is not compatible with anything older than 2009.

You might be able to use Image Capture to get the photos off the phone.

In short, the answer is no. Your phone does have an option to reset itself on the phone, but you would not want to do that without backing up your photos and any documents elsewhere. You should get a newer compatible Mac to do a full backup before resetting the iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 6:29 PM in response to Navelbee

iTunes/Mac OS/iOS compatibility - Apple Community

indicates you'll want Sierra as the minimum OS for iOS 13 syncing, which is the minimum iOS that came with the iPhone 11. Sierra is not compatible with anything older than 2009.

You might be able to use Image Capture to get the photos off the phone.

In short, the answer is no. Your phone does have an option to reset itself on the phone, but you would not want to do that without backing up your photos and any documents elsewhere. You should get a newer compatible Mac to do a full backup before resetting the iPhone.

Factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.