Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

encrypted password

I am unable to restore my new iphone because my password doesnt match the encrypted password from the backup.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 7:48 PM

6 replies

Jan 29, 2023 6:23 PM in response to KJPacini1

See Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community. In particular:

If you have forgotten the password, or were not aware that encryption had been enabled, consider that it might be any computer, Apple ID, Wi-Fi password or device PIN that you've used in the past, working from the assumption that you might have reused a common password that you were using when encryption was first activated. See About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for details.

tt2

Jan 28, 2023 8:34 PM in response to muguy

When I typed it in then confirmed it, it said passwords don't match and it never actually took any of my passwords, regardless of how many different passwords, both simple and complex, I tried. When looking at the step by step through google, I never made it past "set a password that you'll remember" because it never accepted any passwords that I tried.

encrypted password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.