Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

with the new 16.3 update iphone does not lock

With the new 16.3 update my iPhone 11 does not lock with Face ID or pin i try turning phone on n off I try resetting, try different times 30sec 1 min 2 min to no avail

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 9:02 AM

Thanks for reaching out Jvalle57,

We'd be happy to help with. your iPhone not locking.

Do you notice if this happens when you have a specific app or feature open? Try changing the passcode and check if the locking feature works correctly then:

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, use the side button to try locking your iPhone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 9:02 AM in response to Jvalle57

Thanks for reaching out Jvalle57,

We'd be happy to help with. your iPhone not locking.

Do you notice if this happens when you have a specific app or feature open? Try changing the passcode and check if the locking feature works correctly then:

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, use the side button to try locking your iPhone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Feb 1, 2023 8:01 AM in response to alma1090

Thank you for responding, Yes I have use the side still does not lock,I have reset the face ID I have reset my iPhone 11. The only time it shows Passcode Face ID is when iPhone is asleep for a couple hours ( I did try for 30 sec 1 min 2 min etc). Did change passcode still the same. Like I said this happen after 16.3 update. Probably Apple Store my next stop

with the new 16.3 update iphone does not lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.