Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No “Add Cellular Plan” button in iPhone Settings

Dear support,

I would like to add eSIM number to my phone, but found there is no “Add Cellular Plan” button when I go to Settings > Mobile Data:

I think I never seen this button available to me, since I bought my iPhone.

I own dual-SIM iPhone 13 Pro 256Gb model, which was produced for Singapore market.

I checked I have all recent updates installed and also that there is no cellular provider lock on my phone.

Any idea how what is wrong and how I can get this functionality to add eSIM number?

Thank you!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 9:38 AM

If, as I told you, that iPhone 13 Pro has been manufactured for those specific markets, it cannot support eSIMs.

See also this note:

eSIM on iPhone is not offered in China mainland. In Hong Kong and Macao, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation), and iPhone XS feature eSIM. Learn about using Dual SIM with two nano-SIM cards in China mainland, Hong Kong, and Macao.

Extracted from this support article:--> Using Dual SIM with an eSIM

Investigating deeper, I found that your iPhone model should be A2639 (check it in Settings>General>About>Model)

Regards

Giulio

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 9:38 AM in response to mmelnik

If, as I told you, that iPhone 13 Pro has been manufactured for those specific markets, it cannot support eSIMs.

See also this note:

eSIM on iPhone is not offered in China mainland. In Hong Kong and Macao, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation), and iPhone XS feature eSIM. Learn about using Dual SIM with two nano-SIM cards in China mainland, Hong Kong, and Macao.

Extracted from this support article:--> Using Dual SIM with an eSIM

Investigating deeper, I found that your iPhone model should be A2639 (check it in Settings>General>About>Model)

Regards

Giulio

No “Add Cellular Plan” button in iPhone Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.