Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Panasonic TV Apple TV+ app - cannot see purchased movies

Hi I have the Apple TV+ app on my Panasonic tv. Why can I not access the movies I bought via Apple Store. On my actual Apple TV device (the black box 3rd gen) which I have in another room I can see all my movies in the library on that. But on the Panasonic smart tv app I cannot see my purchases or any library option. I am not subscribed to the monthly Apple TV+ service as I don’t want that. I just want to be able to see the movies I’ve bought via Apple Store on the TV app.

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 1:06 PM

It seems the Apple TV+ app, such as on your model smart TV, is just for Apple TV+ content. The full Apple TV app, as available on other devices, has a bit more, such as iTunes Store movies.

The difference is described in more detail in: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support.

Apparently some smart TVs get the one, and different models get the other edition, as agreed between Apple and the device manufacturer. Disappointing, I know, but you’ll want to get an external streaming device with the full Apple TV app, in order to play your iTunes Store movies on that model TV.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 1:06 PM in response to starscream02

It seems the Apple TV+ app, such as on your model smart TV, is just for Apple TV+ content. The full Apple TV app, as available on other devices, has a bit more, such as iTunes Store movies.

The difference is described in more detail in: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support.

Apparently some smart TVs get the one, and different models get the other edition, as agreed between Apple and the device manufacturer. Disappointing, I know, but you’ll want to get an external streaming device with the full Apple TV app, in order to play your iTunes Store movies on that model TV.

Panasonic TV Apple TV+ app - cannot see purchased movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.