Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extremely soft Notifications on Iphone 13

I know this has been asked previously. But has anyone fixed this issue? I can barely hear Notifications on my Iphone, have turned up volume in all places, even thought I had fixed the issue by asking Suri. Suri fixed it for a short time but now it has reverted back and she now says she can't fix it!

Can anyone help?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 9:13 AM

3 replies

Jan 31, 2023 9:33 AM in response to flamingolee

Hi flamingolee,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your notifications are low. If you have not done so, restart your iPhone and update to the latest software version to ensure that you have the latest performance fixes installed to address software anomalies.

If you have a case or screen protector on your iPhone, remove them in case they are obscuring the speaker.

Adjust the volume in Control Center
When iPhone is locked or when you’re using an app, you can adjust the volume in Control Center.
Open Control Center, then drag the volume slider.

You can find this steps and more in Adjust the volume on iPhone - Apple Support.

If this behavior continues, check Settings > Face ID & Passcode. Do you have Attention Aware features turned on? If so, turn it off and test again. Turn Attention Aware features on or off on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

"What are Attention Aware features?

Even if you don’t enroll in Face ID, the TrueDepth camera* intelligently activates to support Attention Aware features. With Attention Aware features, iPhone can check whether you’re paying attention to your device and automatically take action. For example,

• When you’re looking at your device, your display will not dim until you stop looking at your device.
  • If you're looking at your device, it will lower the volume sound of your alerts.

If you don’t want to use these features, open the Settings app, tap Face ID & Passcode, then turn off Attention Aware Features."

Regards.

Jan 31, 2023 11:02 AM in response to ryane77

Thank you for all your suggestions and after trying them all, I do believe turning off the Attention Aware features on my Iphone was most helpful in resolving my problem of soft notifications. I do have hearing aids that are also conected to my iphone so that may have had a bearing also. But for now anway, my problem seems to have been resolved. Thank you!

Extremely soft Notifications on Iphone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.