Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SOCD report detected: (AP watchdog expired)

What is this mistake? Macbook pro 16 2021 on M1 started to force reboot and show this error report "SOCD report detected: (AP watchdog expired)"

How to remove it? what to do with it?

I have nothing connected to the Mac. no displays, no SD card, no USB

I've been using Mac for almost a year, never had a problem before.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 10:25 AM

Hello Myatnaya,

To help resolve your issue, follow the steps from this article:

If your Mac restarts and a message appears - Apple Support

If your Mac restarts unexpectedly, an error known as a kernel panic occurred, and a message indicates that your computer restarted because of a problem.
The most likely cause is faulty software. A kernel panic can also be caused by damaged or incompatible hardware, including external devices attached to your Mac.
If the kernel panic is caused by a known problem, the faulty software is identified. To make sure that this software doesn’t continue to cause kernel panics, move it to the Trash.
If the faulty software is not identified and your Mac continues to experience kernel panics, try the following:
Restart your Mac in safe mode. If it successfully starts up in safe mode, choose Apple menu  > App Store, click Updates, then install any available updates.
Uninstall any plug-ins or other enhancement software from manufacturers other than Apple. If you recently updated macOS or an app, plug-ins and other software that worked in the past may no longer be compatible. Read the manufacturer’s documentation (including Read Me notes) to be sure the software is compatible with your version of macOS.
Disconnect all devices except for an Apple keyboard and mouse. Remove hardware upgrades from other manufacturers, such as random-access memory (RAM) and Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) cards. Then try restarting your Mac.
If this resolves the issue, reconnect one device at a time, restarting your Mac after reconnecting each one, until you determine which device is causing the problem.
Use Apple Diagnostics to diagnose problems with your computer’s internal hardware, such as the logic board, memory, and wireless components. See the Apple Support article Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac.
If the suggestions above don’t help, try reinstalling macOS.
Note: If you moved or renamed a system file or folder, you must reinstall macOS—it won’t work to just replace or rename the item

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 10:25 AM in response to Myatnaya

Hello Myatnaya,

To help resolve your issue, follow the steps from this article:

If your Mac restarts and a message appears - Apple Support

If your Mac restarts unexpectedly, an error known as a kernel panic occurred, and a message indicates that your computer restarted because of a problem.
The most likely cause is faulty software. A kernel panic can also be caused by damaged or incompatible hardware, including external devices attached to your Mac.
If the kernel panic is caused by a known problem, the faulty software is identified. To make sure that this software doesn’t continue to cause kernel panics, move it to the Trash.
If the faulty software is not identified and your Mac continues to experience kernel panics, try the following:
Restart your Mac in safe mode. If it successfully starts up in safe mode, choose Apple menu  > App Store, click Updates, then install any available updates.
Uninstall any plug-ins or other enhancement software from manufacturers other than Apple. If you recently updated macOS or an app, plug-ins and other software that worked in the past may no longer be compatible. Read the manufacturer’s documentation (including Read Me notes) to be sure the software is compatible with your version of macOS.
Disconnect all devices except for an Apple keyboard and mouse. Remove hardware upgrades from other manufacturers, such as random-access memory (RAM) and Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) cards. Then try restarting your Mac.
If this resolves the issue, reconnect one device at a time, restarting your Mac after reconnecting each one, until you determine which device is causing the problem.
Use Apple Diagnostics to diagnose problems with your computer’s internal hardware, such as the logic board, memory, and wireless components. See the Apple Support article Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac.
If the suggestions above don’t help, try reinstalling macOS.
Note: If you moved or renamed a system file or folder, you must reinstall macOS—it won’t work to just replace or rename the item

Best Regards.

Feb 3, 2023 12:24 AM in response to Community User

Thank the gods, it helped me to remove applications downloaded by third-party unknown developers and the problem disappeared

I started downloading these applications 1 by 1 and looking at the situation and I remembered that this problem occurred after I updated the filezilla application and I had 2 filezilla on my Macbook, after which I started getting an error although this application does not work in background mode and does not start from macbook.

After that, all applications were successfully downloaded, except for the FileZilla and issued such a notification when trying to download it "You cannot open the "FileZilla" program as PowerPC programs are no longer supported."

And it immediately became clear what the problem was.

It would be nice if there was some kind of utility on the Macbook that checks for similar program errors so that people do not have to guess what this problem is and spend a lot of time

SOCD report detected: (AP watchdog expired)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.