Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can safari protect my computer from an unknown scamers ?

How long have you use safari ?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 11:03 AM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2023 12:40 PM in response to Baffour086

No single browser can always be called the safest. But you can say Apple is a very large company with a focused attempt at keeping their customer’s safe. They have incentives for hackers to submit discovered holes offering rewards.

Private relay and hide my email are two features that Apple provides. Not using the same email and your location information with every account keeps undesirables from collecting a larger list of data about you. So it’s more difficult to compile data allowing them to gain access to financial accounts.

Benefits of using Safari. There’s no open source version while Firefox and Chrome derive from open source programs. Safari has Apple’s password manager which is your best option for saving and creating passwords. Safari extensions will only be downloaded from the App Store meaning there’s less chance of it being ultra malicious. Many of the extensions can protect you from bad actors on the net. You can also use Next DNS or other DNS services which filter out IP addresses meaning they can’t connect with your device.

Because of the features like Private Relay, Hide My Email, built-in password manager. Plus Apple provides software and security updates for 6 years when other companies update their mobile OS for only 2 years.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Can safari protect my computer from an unknown scamers ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.