Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My offline iphone maps location is not showing up in icloud/findmy

I lost my phone. Someone stole it. I try to track from website icloud/findmy and find my iphone application but the location not showing up. But when I check it with the find my application on my mac or iphone that supporting IOS 14, the location is showing up. What should I do if I want to track it if I don't have any other iphone or I can't bring my mac with me? And what the issues is? Thankyou

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 8:51 PM

10 replies

Jan 29, 2023 10:15 PM in response to alit_cahya03

alit_cahya03 Said:

"Sound & Lost Mode Pending Pending actions will take effect when this: iPhone connects to the Internet."

-------

For future referene...

Troubleshooting a Hacked Account:

A. Go Here: Add and Manage eMail Aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

B. Getting In to your Apple Account:

You need to get into your Apple Account. So, contact Apple Support. If you have a hacked iCloud account, then ask the Apple Rep if they can help you add Two-Factor Authentication. Ask them to assist you with changing your password to what it should be. Important: Perform a trial-&-error login session, prior to ending the call.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

C. Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

D. Report Items to Apple:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and modify. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

Jan 29, 2023 11:14 PM in response to alit_cahya03

alit_cahya03 Said:

"I still hoping to get my phone back. I still try to track it"

-------

Tracking a device...

Look on Mapquest.com to track it down, when it comes to transportation info.

And to Reemphasize...

Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modify them, starting with a new Apple Password.

Jan 29, 2023 10:14 PM in response to alit_cahya03

alit_cahya03 Said:

"Sound & Lost Mode Pending Pending actions will take effect when this: Thanks for your answer. Is it possible for my iphone to be unlock by the thief if my lost mode is pending?"

-------

Locked iPhone:

Yes, that is possible, if they have access to your Account, and if Find My was enabled on the iPhone. But, if you have the iPhone at hand, then that is of no concern here.

Jan 29, 2023 11:03 PM in response to alit_cahya03

alit_cahya03 Said:

"how if the thief can't access my account (i already add two-factor authentication) is it still possible to hack my phone using software etc?"

-------

Based on personal experience...

If me, I'd Erase the Device with Find My:

I would just erase it, if I would never would have access to it again (and I doubt that I would have it deeply looked into, having no such investigatory resources). Learn More Here: Erase the Device with Find My - Apple Support

My offline iphone maps location is not showing up in icloud/findmy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.