Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

extra usb hard drive time machine back up recover

I backed up my MacBook to a USB external hard drive so as to update my OS from El Capitan to Big Sur using the time machine. I followed the process in where it asked me to erase all files, as I had already backed them up. Now that I am done and have Big Sur up and running, I reconnect the USB external hard drive but can't find where my backed-up files are so as to reinstall them in my Mac Book. Can any body help me ? Thank you

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 7:29 AM

this recent discussion seems to cover that exact issue:

I backed up my old Mac on a G-drive. How… - Apple Community

if there are more questions after you look at that, please post again here.

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 31, 2023 4:27 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thank you again. It worked very well. I didn’t recover the applications nor the system as I was concerned that my computer may not have enough space and because I thought that the applications appeared already in the computer. However, now I can’t find the files for the garage band. Do you think I should also recover the applications? Wouldn’t recovering the system send me back to before the Big Sur OS? Thank you.

extra usb hard drive time machine back up recover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.