Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I add Gmail account to iPhone SE IOS 16.1

Using the:

MAIL / ACCOUNTS / ADD ACCOUNT /

Method.

When I try to select GOOGLE it just highlights for a moment, the screen pauses but no new window comes up.

YAHOO AND AOL also do not work.

When I attempt OTHER, following all steps inputting the imap.gmail.com and smpt.gmail.com information the following window comes up:

No password Provided for "Description"

Please go to Mail Account Setting and enter a password.

This begins an endless loop.

Please advise the fix or workaround. I currently have 1 gmail account on my phone but need to add another. The one that is currently on my phone works fine.

Thanks

M

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 7:31 PM

Hey there Razley,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. If having issues with adding your Gmail account to your iPhone, we'd first recommend updating the iOS on your device.

When a new iOS update is released, it often brings the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes, which may be able to help with the issue you're experiencing.

For help with updating the iOS on your iPhone, check out the steps listed in this link here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly
1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

Keep us updated on the results after updating your iPhone.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 7:31 PM in response to Razley

Hey there Razley,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. If having issues with adding your Gmail account to your iPhone, we'd first recommend updating the iOS on your device.

When a new iOS update is released, it often brings the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes, which may be able to help with the issue you're experiencing.

For help with updating the iOS on your iPhone, check out the steps listed in this link here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly
1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

Keep us updated on the results after updating your iPhone.

Best regards.

Why cant I add Gmail account to iPhone SE IOS 16.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.